I was home alone this weekend and when I am home alone I like to make up recipes. I had everything to make White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies but really wanted some pancakes. So I made both. I love the combination of White Chocolate and Pistachio. Its just wonderful.
I must warn you, the recipe is not perfect but it is pretty close. I would like to try and make these again and if I do, I will make sure to make a finalized recipe for them.
These pancakes came out with a great flavor and were more on the side of a Swedish Pancakes, thin, crispy and tender. They had a very light green color. You could add more green food coloring if you wish. Maybe its just me but the thought of eating bright green pancakes isn’t super appealing unless its Christmas at St. Patrick’s Day. 🙂
Here’s the recipe and if you do happen to try these, let me know how it goes!
White Chocolate Pistachio Pancakes
1 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 TB Sugar
2 TB Pistachio Pudding Mix
1 cup Buttermilk
2 TB melted Butter, plus extra for griddle
1/2 tsp Almond Flavoring
3 TB White Chocolate Chips, Mini or Chopped
3 TB Pistachios, shelled and Chopped
- In a mediums sized bowl sift together all dry ingredients, besides the white chocolate and nuts, and set aside.
- Mix together all wet ingredients and set aside.
- Turn on griddle to a medium heat and either spray or butter well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in white chocolate and nuts.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, pour batter onto your hot surface and allow to cook until edges appear dry and bubble are forming and popping on the pancakes. Flip and allow to cook through. Enjoy!