My husband and I had some hard news today. It turned into one of those days were there are only a few things that can change the mood you’re in. One of those things is comfort food.
Kevin calls it Red Noodles. I call it Goulash. Whatever you call it….it just makes things better. Its kind of our go to meal if we are sick, tired or sad. It is nothing special but there are a few little things I do to spice it up a little.
- 1lb noodles of your choice
- 8 oz hamburger
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 3 Tb sour cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Take 1 Tb olive oil and start to brown your garlic, don’t burn!
- Start a pot of water for your noodles and when it boils, add and cook noodles to el dente.
- Brown hamburger with garlic. When it is almost cooked through add salt,fresh pepper, basil and crushed red pepper flakes if you want a little heat.
- Drain noodles and add tomato soup, sour cream and meat. Stir well. If needed put back on stove to heat up. Top with shredded cheese
This is how we made our day a little better.