This weekend, Kevin had to work some extra hours along with a few other IT workers. I didn’t know what I could do to help so I made them some cookies.
We have been on a low carb diet, so I just so happened to have some almond flour and build a recipe around that. They were perfect for dunking in some milk! Nice and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
I may still do some work on this recipe, since it was a first attempt but it is a good recipe with no work! I’m just such a perfectionist. Especially with cookies. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Butter, Soft
1/2 cup granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
2 tsp Mexican Vanilla
2 1/2 cups ALl Purpose Flour
1/2 Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350-365, depending on your oven. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy. Add in eggs and mix until fully mixed in and fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Begin to mix in dry ingredients, small amounts at a time until all dry mixture is incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-12 minutes or until lightly golden and baked to your likeness.
- Hints:When I form drop cookies, I always form them by hand and press slightly. This will give them a better shape when baking. Also, I always do a few sample cookies to see if the dough is too soft or firm. I love having a perfect cookie.