Kevin and I wanted to really crack down on a diet this year. I decided on us trying a Keto Diet. I did Atkins years ago but always had a few issues with it. This seems much more controlled and, at least for right now, manageable for us.
Well, Kevin was complaining about how all he wanted was a sandwich. Everything we had been eating felt so heavy. He isn’t wrong…. after some looking online I found this recipe for Cloud Bread.
My issue happened halfway through making them. My hand mixer broke so I needed to beat the egg whites by hand….I think that’s why they came out a little flatter then I would have liked. I have to say though….it fulfilled that bread craving almost all the way. It held together well, it was spongy and a nice flavor. I will be making it again!
2 TB Cream Cheese, Soft
2 Eggs, Separated
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 300. Line a baking tray with paper and place in oven to warm up.
- Mix cream cheese and egg yolks together until smooth.
- Place egg whites and baking soda in a glass bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg yolk cream cheese mixture into whites until JUST combines and light yellow in color. DO not over mix.
- Spoon batter onto baking pans in mounds about 4 inches in diameter. Flatten peaks with the back of the spoon.
- Bake until golden brown. 18-25 minutes. Depending on oven.
- Once they are cool, place in a ziplock bag until the next day. If you leave them out, they will get hard. They will hold for 3-4 days