I needed some brownies for a Christmas Party we went to this weekend and I needed them fast! A quick search on the internet brought me to this recipe and I have to say, they may be the best brownies I have made in quite some time. They baked up beautifully and topped with my Aunt Jane’s Fast Fudge Frosting….they were to die for. I am sad to say they were eaten so fast that I didn’t even get a photo so I am including a picture of my silly cat Willie for comic relief. Yes, that’s his normal look. 🙂
I am sure that these with please almost any chocolate lover…except for my husband. He just said, as he always says “It needs Peanut Butter”. I think he might even say that about a bowl of Peanut Butter! 🙂
Katherine Hepburn Brownies with Fast Fudge Frosting
1 cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup Butter
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
2 cups of nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325
- Melt butter with cocoa in a saucepan until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and nuts. Add to the cocoa-butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan. bake 35-40 minutes. Do not over bake!
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Butter, soft
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup Boiling Water
- Combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Add butter, Vanilla and Boiling water . Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Spread while still warm. Warm in microwave if it gets too stiff to spread.