These are such a simple, tasty and pretty cheap cookie to make. I just love them and they really add some variety to your cookie platters. I make and dipped these cookies in just an hour!
As I was making these up, I also had a great thought of how to use this mixture. Since there are no eggs in it, you could spread it on a pan of brownies or cupcakes and not have to bake it! What a great option to have in your recipe tool belt.
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
1 bag Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup All-purpose or Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz Dark Chocolate (I like to use 60%)
- Preheat oven to 340. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside so they are ready.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the shredded coconut and flour together. Use you fingers to break apart any clumps.
- Add the salt, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- With a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, portion out all of the cookies between the two pans. they will not spread so they can be close but not touching.
- With wet fingers, lightly press the bottom portion of the cookie bringing in any loose coconut and packing the cookie a little tighter. This will make it easier to dip.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes or until tops and bottoms are lightly browned. Since there are no eggs, you do not need to worry about under cooking them.
- When cookies are cooled completely, Melt your chocolate until smooth and free of lumps. If it feels to thick for dipping, add a tsp of shortening. This will thin it down and also give it a nice shine.
- Dip bottom of cookie into chocolate and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let cool until they pull free of the parchment paper and enjoy. These will hold for the whole Christmas season if put in an airtight container.