One of my most favorite things in life to do is to bake cookies. Not even so much eat them….but make them. It calms me down and makes me almost giddy to play in flour, sugar and butter. I guess thats why I loved owning a bakery so much. I was just always so happy to do the work. Well, most days. 🙂
Today I was thinking about this recipe and I thought I would share it since I cant make it. I am on a diet and this would not be good for it. I used all kinds of cereal, and while they were all tasty, I really loved the Fruity Pebbles. This was always a no fail recipe and it can be baked off right away without fear of pancake cookies. Try it out! Its a great way to use up the bottom of a few bags of cereal. And another fun way to dress these up is to do a little white chocolate drizzle on top. They are just so pretty and colorful!
Fruity Pebble Sugar Cookie
- 2 cups Butter
- 3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract
- 6 cups Flour
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles or any desires type of dry cereal
- In bowl of mixer fitted with a paddle or a medium sized bowl with hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. 3-5 minutes
- Add in eggs, one at a time until mixed in and mixture turns light colored. 2-3 minutes
- Add in the extracts and baking soda and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour until combined
- Mix in the cereal by hand.
- In an oven preheated to 360, bake the cookies until set on bottom and lightly browned on edges. 8-12 minutes depending on oven.