On my days with Kevin, breakfast is what I always want to make. I cant even let myself sleep in because I am so excited! Everything about it I love. It makes the house smell so heavenly, the morning light through the windows, my cup of coffee next to me and “Alexa” softly telling me the morning news or singing to me. Its kind of the best way to start a day.
Yesterday I made this recipe up with some inspiration from a few other blogs. I kind of just read them and smashed them all together. There are a few things I would have changed about what I actually made but I will try to mark those on the recipe below. .
Creamy Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- 1 premade pie crust (not pre-baked)
- *addition*6 strips of Crispy Bacon, chopped
- 1 TB Butter or the bacon grease
- 1 Large Shallot or 1/4 sweet onion, Chopped Fine
- 6 oz. Frozen Spinach
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1 cup Milk *I used Almond Milk*
- 3-4 oz. Soft Cheese (cream cheese, goat cheese, ect.)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar inside the quiche and a sprinkle of fresh Parmasan on top)
- 1/2 tsp Salt, fresh Pepper and Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Press your premade pie crust into a pie pan. Make sure there are no cracks in the dough. I had to re-roll mine because is was so badly cracked. I also spray a little PAM into the pan just to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Fry your Bacon, chop and set aside. You can save the grease from this if desired.
- Sauté your shallot/onion over medium heat. When almost translucent, add your frozen spinach. When spinach is thawed, take off heat and set aside.
- Take your soft cheese and spread into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Crack your eggs into a medium sized bowl and wisk until mixed together. Add your milk and spices and mix until incorperated.
- Evenly place your spinach mixture on top of the soft cheese, then place your shredded cheese and then your chopped bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan and sprinkle with either parmasan or shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until browned and set with very little “wiggle” in the middle. It will be slightly puffed up.
- Let stand for a few minutes and serve warm.
This recipe is very forgiving and the options are endless! I have also made it with Spinach, Tomato and Feta cheese. Always comes out like a dream.